Clean Beauty Faves at Ulta
Ulta is a great place to find deals and rack up points on products (particularly skincare, in the green beauty category) on many of the same brands you can find at health food stores. The selection at Ulta tends to lean more on the drugstore side, with fewer high end items than Sephora, but you can also find much better deals. There's almost always a $3.50 off coupon, and 20% off deals pop up a couple times a year for rewards members.
- Mineral Face SPF 30 Matte Tint is my second favorite green sunscreen after Farmacy's Green Screen. This is great for days where you don't want to wear makeup, yet want to smooth out your skintone. The texture reminds me of a primer, with a smooth, matte feel.
- Sport SPF 50 Unscented Sunscreen Spray is the perfect beach sunscreen. It's light, in an easy spray can, and works perfectly! What else could you want from a sunscreen? It is expensive, at $36 for a bottle, but it lasts a long time and because it stays on quite well, I find that I can make a bottle last a long time.
- Derma E
- Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask is a great affordable clarifying mask. I love taking this on trips, since I often feel like I need a clarifying treatment after long plane flights or being out and about in the city.
- Anti Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub with Vitamin C and E is amazing. I was immediately attracted to this because I love a good glycolic ANYTHING. I love chemical exfoliation, and this combines chemical and physical exfoliation. A great, gentle yet effective scrub for anyone looking to brighten that outer layer of skin and rinse away dull, dead skin cells.
- Just about all of their brushes are great! Fabulous starter brushes, or kit brushes, since they are affordable, synthetic fiber (easy to wash and not too delicate) and good quality. I haven't tried their sponges yet, I've heard mixed reviews.
- John Masters Organics
- Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner is an amazing heavy treatment-conditioner. It often goes on sale, so keep an eye out! Smells amazing, and leaves your hair feeling plump and moisturized.
- 100% Argan Oil is great for travel, as it can be used on the hair, face, skin, cuticles, etc. I've tried and loved it, but it's also quite pricey. You can find organic argan oil for less elsewhere. A great natural find at Ulta though, especially if you can use a deal!
- Hair Pomade is great for men's hair, short hair, or fly aways. Nothing super special about it, but a great and effective pomade that I always have on hand.
- Juice Beauty
- While Juice is overall a very hit-or-miss brand for me, I have a few loves. Firstly, the Phyto-Pigments Cream Blush. This was an expected find, I received a full size in my Ipsy bag, and fell in love! I have 04 Flush, and it gives a great natural warmth. Long lasting, and reminds me of the RMS Lip2Cheeks
- Stem Cellular CC Cream - I have to admit, I haven't tried this myself, because it is geared towards drier skin. But I've heard so many positive things about it I felt like I had to include it! Check out this guy if you like a very natural, moisturizing base product.
- Another hit-or-miss brand for me, but I LOVE their nail polishes! Seems random, but their 7-free nail polishes are super pigmented, long-lasting, and overall amazing! Better than conventional brands like OPI in my opinion.
- Blushious Coconut & Rose Infused Cheek Color is amazing! Not heavily pigmented, in a good way, super easy to work with and apply, and the color selection is beautiful for a natural, effortless look. I've tried every color and haven't disagreed with any of the formulas.
That wraps up my list of top picks! Did I miss any green beauty finds from Ulta? Let me know if you pick up any staple products of your own here!