Sydney Kimiko Hafen
2060 Fourth St., Berkeley, CA 94710 / / firstname.lastname@example.org / / 510.225.8525 / / linkedin.com/in/sydneyhafen
SUMMARY / /
I am a marketing manager with 4+ years of experience in web and traditional marketing, promotions and events. I have conceptualized social media campaigns, managed accounts, and implemented integrated marketing campaigns for a variety of clients in the restaurant, nonprofit, and cosmetic industries.
Colleagues know me as a positive, passionate, and hard worker with a get-it-done attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. I am always interested in pursuing new and creative ideas, and taking on large projects when small fixes just don't cut it.
My greatest passion is for cosmetics, and my insatiable curiosity for beauty products has led to a thorough understanding of influencers on Youtube and Instagram, with a constant finger on the pulse of the millennial interpretation of products and brands. I'd like to apply my passion for makeup, creative and critical thinking skills, and strong work ethic to a company contributing in innovative ways to the beauty space.
EXPERIENCE / /
Assistant Marketing Manager, Innovation, e.l.f. Cosmetics
October 2017 - Present
- Generate ideas for new, innovative product launches and collections, and provide feedback and recommendations to improve existing formulas.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (creative, marketing, social, regulatory) for product launch production and execution.
- Conduct research on emerging trends in the beauty space, and create competitive landscapes to position new products.
- Manage repositioning of the the e.l.f. blog including writing blog entries.
- Maintain knowledge of the cosmetics market and competitors to identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Makeup Artist, Green Beauty Advisor & Consultant, Sydney Kimiko
January 2017 - Present
After 5+ years of doing makeup for friends and family, I launched my own company where I help women choose cleaner products, and teach them how to apply makeup that flatters their unique features.
- Provided consultation and makeup application services to women all over the Bay Area.
- Led a workshop at The Hivery on the Basics of Makeup Application featuring green beauty products.
- Featured at Women's Entrepreneur event where I demoed makeup application, and answered questions about common makeup problems.
- Served as in-house makeup artist for The Hivery and provided makeup services before events. Provided makeup and hair for Headshot and Branding Day.
- Researched and produced competitive analyses for luxury bath and haircare lines. Click button below to view.
Social Media and Marketing Manager, The Hivery ➢ Mill Valley, CA
July 2016 - July 2017
I oversee all social media, marketing, and press activities for The Hivery, a women's coworking space in Mill Valley.
- Increased engagement by 100%+ on all social media channels using organic growth methods. Doubled followers on Instagram and Facebook.
- Planned, directed, and implemented The Hivery's communication activities across all platforms; email on Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and the website.
- Led TheHivery.com website redesign, including writing the creative brief and being the point of contact for the designer.
- Conceived of new programming that led to over $30,000 in revenue, including Jumpstart 2017 accountability group and Headshot Day including professional styling, makeup, and photos.
- Organized and handled logistics for a march of 300+ people supporting the Women's March in San Francisco.
- Updated and managed website updates, including event postings, features, blog posts, and gained thorough understanding of Squarespace and site design.
Model, Scout Model and Talent Agency, Callidus Agency ➢ San Francisco, CA; Dallas, TX
January 2016- September 2017
- Film, print, runway, and commercial model.
- Worked with a variety of clients including Levi's, Stella and Dot, St. John, Abi Ferrin, LeTote, HBO, and many more.
- Gained professional experience in fashion, makeup and photography, and an understanding of client's goals and how to achieve the desired look.
Green Beauty PR Intern, Om Aroma Co., Savor Spa ➢ Remote- New York City, NY
- Researched and compiled lists of green beauty bloggers, boutiques, and salons for upcoming projects and partnerships.
- Acquired, established, and maintained relationships with online personalities and bloggers in order to create publicity through online media.
- Implemented Instagram strategy to build relationships and grow following.
- Trained in Shipstation.
Marketing Intern, Gangway Advertising ➢ Dallas, TX
Summer 2015, Fall 2016
- Managed and served as point person for multiple accounts, including restaurants, non-profits, and blogs.
- Developed creative social media campaigns across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Implemented strategic digital plans on social media platforms to promote upcoming events and increase brand awareness.
- Tracked media efforts for all accounts including print publications, social networks, and online outlets.
- Worked closely with President of the company to assist with events and execute marketing plans.
- Assisted in planning and working events for charities, and promotional events for The Real Housewives of Dallas.
Contributing Writer, Model, Hawaii Bride and Groom ➢ Remote- Honolulu, HI
June 2013 - January 2016
- Appeared on cover, and 10-page spread of the Spring/Summer 2013 issue
- Published article on attractions in Union Square and Nob Hill of San Francisco that appeared in Spring/Summer 2013 issue
- Published article on honeymoon attractions in Los Angeles and Dallas in Fall/Winter 2013 issue
- Published article in Fall/Winter 2014 issues on honeymoon spots in Portland and New York
- Published article on San Diego/ La Jolla hotels and entertainment in Spring/Summer 2015 issue
- Published article on Seattle and San Jose in Winter/Fall 2015 issue
- Researched all featured spas, boutiques, hotels, and restaurants in each article.
Public Relations & Event Planning Intern, Core24 ➢ Dallas, TX
- Responsible for writing all content for Core24. Received among highest open rates in monthly newsletters sent to 8,000+ business leaders in DFW area. Researched and interviewed Core24 experts and other local businesses to feature
- Built social media calendar, managed and updated social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) on an ongoing basis
- Communicated with HARO reporters and wrote responses to queries
- Researched, monitored, and reported email marketing tactics and efforts; tracked and analyzed web traffic
- Created promotional video using raw footage from The Admin Awards, acquiring an additional sponsor for the Dallas Admin Awards
- Coordinated executive and company meetings including agendas, takeaways, handouts, and minutes
- Trained in Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, Excel, Hubspot and basic web design
EDUCATION / /
Bachelor of Arts, Public Relations and Strategic Communications
Southern Methodist University ➢ Dallas, TX
Affiliations & Awards:
- Speaker & Tours Chairman, Public Relations Student Society of America
- Multicultural Academic Achievement Award
- Member, The National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Kappa Alpha Theta